Dear,
Currently i'm doing a project to design a chatting program using MFC( Microsoft Foundation Classes) and Visual Basic (VB). Just wondering, could you help me with this topic?
Your attention kindly appreciated.
Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi everyone,
I am not very sure about vb but as for c++ you can try and use sockets
thus by creating your very own descended class and using their onconnect, onclose
and onreceive functions.

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

I'm doing this same program for school but don't know where to start when it comes to client/server interaction.

I need to simply send text and/or emoticons using an MFC developed application in C++.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

PS: if someone could make a quick tutorial that would be amazing.

using an MFC developed application in C++.

then why did you say visual basic?

then why did you say visual basic?

In my reply to the thread I hadn't explicitly mentioned visual basic, only C++, but apologies for the confusion.

I've set-up a simple MFC window and I know how to call another dialog from that main dialogue, but as far as the actual "chat" and "chat session" stuff, I have no idea where to start. Any ideas?

oh i see - i just got confused because i assumed it was your thread

use winsock for the chat

use CSocket object overide its onreceive method .use send method to send data and receive method to receive it...

use CSocket object overide its onreceive method .use send method to send data and receive method to receive it...

I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but you may wish to check the dates of the threads before you post.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.