Aarowaim 0 Newbie Poster

Hey,I've been dabbling in programming for about a year and a half now, and I understand pretty well how to use the basic commands and such, although I still have to refer back to a documentation on some libraries to fix problems, but I have begun to effectively snipe out syntax errors on my own. Now that I understand how to use pointers, despite not using them often yet, I feel that I am ready to start learning how to program some of the UI sprinkles that belong on a good, professional program.

What I'd like to know is how to program basic sounds from the beginning (MIDI, and music files), not what library saves me the effort of learning. So can anyone recommend tutorials on this topic, or give me help as to which C++ standard library headers I will need - If any - to do this?

Please note that I am not turning my back on pre-made libraries, but I feel it necessary to understand the basics, so that I code properly and understand the syntax, rather than hoping that I can copy someone else's code and hope I can adapt it to my program.

Thank you in advance for guiding me in my pursuit of C++ literacy =)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.