i have ask about it, but anyway...
well as we say, 1 of reason we dont put everything in 1 exe is for memory

i dedicated to create a simple application, somethink like "library manager"
that i want from you ppl is to say me, im tottaly wrong this way? how apps are created...

I deticated create it like this

1. Launcher, (Request Password) -> exe
2. Main Programm ->dll (linked from Launcher)
3. Create a "Log.dll", every time happens errors, logics or not Log will be called to store errors in a file.
4. Create a "connect.dll", every time user type account will be called this one and will check if player exist in a database. (log will be called to create a log for login trys)
5. "ctabpage.dll", a custom tabpages to be used in TabCOntrol inside of main programm
6. folder "Logs" to store files.. example->
Logs/loginlogs.txt
Logs/accountactionlogs.txt
Logs/libmovements.txt

7. "database.xyz", i would like to create a encrypted database file to store accounts, no mdb file...

i make it like this because i dont like programms of 1 exe. ;pp
yea there is no reason to create a "log.dll" , i can do that inside of main programm but i like see much files ;pp

for now thats all, soz for my bad english and i hope you understand...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Memory has nothing to do with it. It has to do with ease of change and reusability. Take your Log.dll for example. If you wrote it well, you could reuse it in other programs without having to write any new code.

Memory has nothing to do with it. It has to do with ease of change and reusability. Take your Log.dll for example. If you wrote it well, you could reuse it in other programs without having to write any new code.

yea? imagine a big application...
you can image a programm of 1 exe and is about 100MB? i think this process will f**uck CPU/RAM
anyway

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.