Hello Everyone
I want to create an online exam based web application using VS and SQL...I want to know how do i start
I can create a login page but how do i store questions and answers in the database and produce them during the project execution???

Hi,
I'm assuming the exam will be multiple choice to allow for automatic marking. You will need a database table with columns for question id, the actual question text, n number of columns for the text of the possible options (a,b,c,d, etc) and a column containing which answer is correct (or possibly anothe table for this depending on your design.

After that, you need to pull the questions and answers from the database, display on the page and record the user's answer. Obviously this all can vary depending on if you present one question at a time or show several on one page, whether the questions are shown in random order, etc.

Hope that helps,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.