For research, the admissions office wants to compare how well female and male students perform in certain courses. You are asked to write a program that prompts the user to enter a number of student records consisting of (a) student’s sex (‘f’ for female, ‘m’ for male) and (b) GPA (a number in the range of 0.0 – 4.0) for each student.

The program should prompt the user to enter a letter code for the student’s sex (f or m), followed by the GPA value. The program should continue processing student records until the user enters a letter code other than ‘f’ or ‘m’ (handle both upper and lower case input)—this will indicate that there are no more student records to process.

The program should tabulate the following information:
- total number of female students
- average female student’s GPA
- total number of male students
- average male student’s GPA
- total number of students
- overall student GPA (males and females combined)

Sample Input Data

f 3.40
f 2.83
m 3.21
f 4.00
m 3.12
m 2.10
m 3.42
f 3.80
f 3.25
q (A letter code other than m or f indicates to QUIT)

Sample Program Output

Female students....... 5
Female Avg GPA ....... 3.46
Male students ........ 4
Male Avg GPA ......... 2.96
Overall Avg GPA ...... 3.24

----------------------------------
For some reason my code doesnt give me the right results? i would post my code but i know alot of people from my class come on here for help, so if anyone would be willing to help me please reply and ill pm you my code
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

let me take a look.

Need Programming Help try
link removed
Enjoy

Stop Spamming The Forum

For some reason my code doesnt give me the right results? i would post my code but i know alot of people from my class come on here for help, so if anyone would be willing to help me please reply and ill pm you my code

plz post your code here for everyone to see

Stop Spamming The Forum

how am i spamming the forum?

how am i spamming the forum?

he he he :cheesy:. Sunny didnt mean you dude. Didnt you see the quote in his message? It was meant for that advertising fellow sam_dee who was trying to promote some company, maybe his, in these threads.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.