Hi, I'm developing a new Java applet and it requires a 3d engine to import a 3d model with a texture wrapped around the model. Then the user will be able to browser around the model in like a first person shooter style but just browse/look around, nothing else. Does anybody of a good 3d java engine that I can use for developing this applet. Also my compiler is Netbeans. I haven't done much in the way of Java 3d before but have done 3d programming before in other languages. Any help on finding engines for this is appreciated. Thanks. cwarn23

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Your question little ambiguous, I could simple say google Java 3d and leave it that way, but I'm intrigues what exactly you are after...

Well the only problem is that web applets don't support Java 3d or at least to my knowledge so I need something like a OpenGL library written in Java (not C) to render the 3d objects and camera movements. So I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place if you know what I mean.

I think I might have found a library. It's called JPCT. I'm starting to learn what it can and can't do but if you can suggest any other engines then you are more than welcome. :)

Can somebody help me use the JPCT library to make an applet that loads a obj file to preview in the browser?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.