Hi, I'm developing a new Java applet and it requires a 3d engine to import a 3d model with a texture wrapped around the model. Then the user will be able to browser around the model in like a first person shooter style but just browse/look around, nothing else. Does anybody of a good 3d java engine that I can use for developing this applet. Also my compiler is Netbeans. I haven't done much in the way of Java 3d before but have done 3d programming before in other languages. Any help on finding engines for this is appreciated. Thanks. cwarn23

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cwarn23

Well the only problem is that web applets don't support Java 3d or at least to my knowledge so I need something like a OpenGL library written in Java (not C) to render the 3d objects and camera movements. So I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place if you know what I mean.

I think I might have found a library. It's called JPCT. I'm starting to learn what it can and can't do but if you can suggest any other engines then you are more than welcome. :)

Can somebody help me use the JPCT library to make an applet that loads a obj file to preview in the browser?

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.