I'm writing a Level Editor but my program is shows the X,Y,Z positions like DWORD(unsigned long). I want to show them like a float but I can't find a formula or function for that. If you know something please reply!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I want to show them like a float

To what end? You can't add precision that's not there.

To what end? You can't add precision that's not there.

To 2 numbers after the "."

What I mean is, there's no precision on DWORDs. Thus the two numbers after the '.' will always be 00. There's no point.

I'll try one more time.

If you have an integer 5, converting it to floating-point will produce 5.000000. You cannot create something that didn't exist to begin with, and integers do not have a precision less than the whole number. Showing your DWORDs as floating-point accomplishes absolutely nothing.

See this -
[IMG]http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/52/farcr2.png[/IMG]
(From FarCry Map Editor) - did you see the floats they're get from dword because the DirectX 3d positions can be only DWORD. And something another - type in the calculator which link I give to you for example 1.0 you see the box in HEX it indicates 3F800000 - that's formula I wanted for.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.