Hey guys, I'm trying to create another shell script that does the following, but I am not sure where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

•Reads student name, address, city, and email and phone number from the keyboard with meaningful headings for each of them on separate lines.

•Append the following data:
o name
o address
o city
o email
o and phone
separated by “:” to a file called users.txt (use echo command with >> redirection operator).

•Clear the screen
•Display the contents of the file users.txt sorted by email
•Display the data from users.txt in this order: email, name, city, phone separated by space

Run the program twice so that you can store two sets of data in users.txt.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi pennywise134!

Did you ever get this sorted? If not, we're happy to help! Let us know what you've got so far and we'll see if we can give you a push in the right direction.

Hi pennywise134!

Did you ever get this sorted? If not, we're happy to help! Let us know what you've got so far and we'll see if we can give you a push in the right direction.

I'm actual working on a few other shell scripts now, is the offer for help still open? I am a bit lost when it comes to shell scripting, and I would really appreciate it if you could help me out.

Thanks!

For sure! It's why we're here :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.