Is their any way to make an exe from my python files other that py2exe as am getting some problem.And for the same is their any method for linux also.

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by snippsat

Probably you do something wrong. Check cx_freeze.

cx_Freeze is a set of scripts and modules for freezing Python scripts into executables in much the same way that py2exe and py2app do. Unlike these two tools, cx_Freeze is cross platform and should work on any platform that Python itself works on.

After freezen you can make a single exe installer using e.g.NSIS.

@adobe71 There's a lot of freezing scripts to use, but the one which works with Python 3 at the moment is cx_Freeze, It creates some files beyond the exe, though. You can check bbfreeze, PyInstaller, py2app (on Mac) and some others I just can't remember right now. But I do recommend you to use cx_Freeze.

Thank you.
Will it work with python 2.7 also.
And for linux what should i do?

@adobe71 Have you tried cx_Freeze already? It works pretty well with Py2.7 and Py3.2, they do releases for Windows and CentOS too, I'm not sure if they work with Ubuntu, you should give a try.

@adobe71 By the way, why would you want to compile executables on Ubuntu, are you developing for Windows, sure? You could use a Virtual Machine with Windows XP to do some tests. :)

P.S. If you like the idea, you can try Oracle VM VirtualBox.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.