Hello,

I am putting together a shoddy game for a 48 hour game contest and I have a problem.

When I run the program from within VS2008 (by clicking the start debugging button) the program runs fine. I'm doing this in release mode btw.
However, If I try and run the program using the .exe generated in the "release" folder of the project. The program starts, opens the display window, them promptly crashes with a "this program has stopped working" message. The display window opens, so the program at least begins to run, then just crashes for some reason.

I can't for the life of me figure out why that might be and the error message offers sweet FA in terms of advice as to what might be wrong. This has never happened before as far as I remember so I'm at a loss :(

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Did you rebuild all (including all dependencies) in release mode?

Did you rebuild all (including all dependencies) in release mode?

Nope, and that was the problem! I didn't add the dependencies in release mode. Sorry, rookie mistake I suppose!

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.