Can anyone explain me how to find a point on circumference. The data i have is radius and the coordinates of circle center. I tried to get it by using (x-a)^2+(y-b)^2= r^2 formula but i get stuck. I'm not asking for solution but for explanation.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Could you post your code so we can see how you implemented your formula

Can anyone explain me how to find a point on circumference. The data i have is radius and the coordinates of circle center. I tried to get it by using (x-a)^2+(y-b)^2= r^2 formula but i get stuck. I'm not asking for solution but for explanation.

Getting "stuck" tells us nothing. Maybe stop eating peanut butter while you program.

Any request for help must contain details about the problem you are having. So clue us in...

Each point on the circumference is defined by ( cos(x) , sin(x) ) 0<= x <= 2*pi All other circle are a variation of that. Since your circle is of radius r, every point on the circumference of you circle can be represented by the above equation with just a minor variation

Solved it. Thanks anyway :D

Great... Pls include code next time

----------------------------- Closed ------------------------

commented: Don't clutter threas with useless comments like this. -4

Great... Pls include code next time

----------------------------- Closed ------------------------

Who said it's CLOSED? That's the OP's job, not someone who just happened along and had nothing to do with the thread...

Sorry man... I got pissed wid dis thread getting bumped when its problem was solved.. Theres other stuff to deal with than rather keep seeing the same solution.

Whether i write closed or some1 else does, the point is the person has solved it and needs no more help! Does that really matter WHO writes it? Pls dont get ego involved..

Sorry man... I got pissed wid dis thread getting bumped when its problem was solved.. Theres other stuff to deal with than rather keep seeing the same solution.

You've been here less than 1 day and you had to bump a thread you got pissed at because of useless bumps? You've got to be kidding!

Whether i write closed or some1 else does, the point is the person has solved it and needs no more help! Does that really matter WHO writes it? Pls dont get ego involved..

It's a Moderator's job to police the boards an point out stupid posts like that so they aren't made next time. No ego involved. Unless you consider that after 15 posts you know the boards better than a Moderator that's been here for over 7 years. That sounds like ego to me...:icon_wink:

No ego involved.

a Moderator that's been here for over 7 years.

I beg to differ.

Its not my first code posted to a website ever... Im a newbie on this website... Not web posts forums and codes.. I know how they work..

Its not my first code posted to a website ever... Im a newbie on this website... Not web posts forums and codes.. I know how they work..

But you don't seem to understand the community, only the basic operations of forums. Try to understand the community before you start arguing with people about the way things are done. Here we attempt to to help people with quality information, not bad information based on, say, 20 year old Turbo-C knowledge and other non-Standard practices (that's the C/C++ Standards).

We also frown on new members telling us we do things wrong without knowing why we do things the way we do.

Just a heads-up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.