Hey there.
Whyy is my netbeans so retarted?! is this a common problem? or is it just with me?
Ive attatched two images to show you what it does to my buttons.

image one is the actualy program running
image two is in the design view

Thanx

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Looks like those 2 buttons don't have their text set explicitly. maybe?

Looks like those 2 buttons don't have their text set explicitly. maybe?

but it thats the case, why? I simply draged that button in Just as i did with all the others.
i even deleted them, and draged new buttons in. same story.
I dont understand whyyyy that happens

but it thats the case, why? I simply draged that button in Just as i did with all the others.
i even deleted them, and draged new buttons in. same story.
I dont understand whyyyy that happens

It may occur because netbeans attempted to resize your button but it did it wrong: try this: delete the buttons add new ones. now before you add your own text run the program, does it work? if not then add your text and try set the minimum and maximum size of those two buttons manually in the properties tab. note to avoid errors keep the maximum and minimum size the same. As a last reosrt try resizing your form to a bet bigger and see if it helps, another thing is click on your frame, and goto properties->code->Form Size Policy and set it to Generate resize code. this all helps to stop netbeans sizing your controls, buttons and frames for you

I don't know - I use Eclipse myself. Whatever the reason, your buttons look like buttons with no text. Maybe try setting some arbitrary text explicitly on those 2 buttons just to see if that was the problem?

I i get i get, thanx. and i have to BUILD before EACH AND EVERY run.. kind of a pain..
Thanx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.