Hi,
I am working on a tool where the user on click of the button opens a URI, takes screen shot and copies the image in a word document and sends the report to list of users. Im now working on invoking a URI from Java application, I am successful in opening a URI with the default browser, but the network asks for authentication, in such case the user has to give the username and password. I wanted to know is there a way to give the authentication details from the Java application , so that the tool is completely automated without any human intervention. And also the URI which i invoke requires username and password, can i also provide those credentials from the Java application. Please provide me solution for this im stuck with this.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

didn 't you just recently create a thread on this issue?

why didn't you do what they suggested there?

besides:

Please provide me solution for this im stuck with this.

is a big NO-NO. first you'll have to provide any evidence you tried at least something yourself (and, no, starting a thread asking for code is NOT trying something)

Hi,
Note what i have asked for in this Thread, last thread what about taking a screen shot and copying it in java, Im working on it with what ever inputs given. This Thread is for giving the authentication while we browse a URI from Java application. I have mentioned what i have tried. Read the Thread carefully. I haved asked how to provide a authentication detail in the network when we try to browse a URI using the Desktop.browse(URI). I have successfully opened a URI using the browse method, but the network asks for authentication, hence im stuck in that place. Read the thread carefully.

didn 't you just recently create a thread on this issue?

why didn't you do what they suggested there?

besides:

is a big NO-NO. first you'll have to provide any evidence you tried at least something yourself (and, no, starting a thread asking for code is NOT trying something)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.