Hi all,

This is also similar to web browsers which use the codes, &d for date, and &l&f&r for document name, etc.

I would like to start the page number for 165, for example, is there a code to do this? (For within the print preview/page setup area).

I've already tried &p+164 and PAGE=165...

Hope you can help,

Steph

Codes

&w Window title
&u Page address (URL)
&d Date in short format (as specified by Regional Settings in Control Panel)
&D Date in long format (as specified by Regional Settings in Control Panel)
&t Time in the format specified by Regional Settings in Control Panel
&T Time in 24-hour format
&p Current page number
&P Total number of pages
&& A single ampersand (&)
&b The text immediately following these characters as centered.
&b&b The text immediately following the first "&b" as centered, and the text following the second "&b" as right-justified.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have solved this using an alternative method!

I downloaded NotePad++, that allows you to right-click your code inserted, and has the options:

Plugin commands --> Copy text with Syntax Highlighting

I then paste it into word and it retains the colours, where I can easily set the page numbers in Word.

The only thing is that NotePadd++ only copes to copy the colours up to 47 lines!!!
I'd have to keep copy and pasting until I'd copy all 8000 lines!! So, I've got through stage one of figuring this out atleast...

I have solved this using an alternative method!

I downloaded NotePad++, that allows you to right-click your code inserted, and has the options:

Plugin commands --> Copy text with Syntax Highlighting

I then paste it into word and it retains the colours, where I can easily set the page numbers in Word.

The only thing is that NotePadd++ only copes to copy the colours up to 47 lines!!!
I'd have to keep copy and pasting until I'd copy all 8000 lines!! So, I've got through stage one of figuring this out atleast...

Can i ask, is this a java related question? and if so how? you might get more help posting it in the appropriate forum...

I've figured it.

The German NotePad++ CAN actually copy all code with colours/ syntax highlighted...The mouse position must be clicked at the bottom of the page!!

It was only copying up to line 47 because that where my mouse pointed was positioned.

Hope this will hope someone else with this problem.

This was a Java related since I was trying to copy my Java code, but it was not exactly a coding problem, it was an IDE problem.

BTW, In NotePad++, you have to select the Java language to format it in the was the particular language formats it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.