Good Day Programmers ^_^

i need a help...

how do i Update the record based on the Date & Time??

here's the code:

Private Sub Timer2_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer2.Tick
        lblTimeOfDay.Text = Format(TimeOfDay, "hh:mm:ss tt")
        UpdateItem()
    End Sub

Private Function UpdateItem()
        Dim xSQL As New System.Text.StringBuilder
        xSQL.AppendLine("UPDATE tblClientRecord SET Status=@Stat WHERE DateOfReturn=#" & DTParrive.Text.Trim & "# AND TimeOfReturn>='" & lblTimeOfDay.Text.Trim & "' ")
        Try
            Using cn As New OleDbConnection(ConString)
                cn.Open()
                Dim cmd As New OleDbCommand(xSQL.ToString, cn)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Stat", lblStatus.Text.Trim)

cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
                cmd.Dispose()
                Return True
            End Using
        Catch ex As Exception
            MessageBox.Show("ERROR3:" & ex.Message.ToString, My.Application.Info.Title, MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
            Return False
        End Try
    End Function

the problem is... it's updating but not on time...
it's updating in advance...
i just want to update it in the date & time that the record has
and i'm thinking that it' may affect the other record's that not on time to update

thanks in advance for someone will help me ^_^

:-/

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Your best bet would be to use the CONVERT function to convert DateOfReturn into a varchar with a specific format.

xSQL.AppendLine("UPDATE tblClientRecord SET Status=@Stat WHERE CONVERT(VarChar, DateOfReturn, <format>)='" & DTParrive.Text.Trim & "' AND CONVERT(VarChar, TimeOfReturn, <format>)>='" & lblTimeOfDay.Text.Trim & "' ")

Where <format> is any of preset CONVERT integer formats: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187928.aspx

That way you can define whatever format will be best suited to match what's in the database with what the datetimepicker and label contains.

trye this query

"update tablename set status=@status where DateOfReturn='" & datetimepicker.value.date & "' and AND TimeOfReturn >= '" & datetimepicker1.value.time & "'"

hope this will solve your problem .

Regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.