Havent written any code in along time but took up a little project that requires some C++ , Just need a little help getting started. Does any one have the source code for a program that will
Read file
write what it reads to another file.
Pick out specific tokens in the file and read them to a seperate file.
I know this is very simple , I can do all the logic but am having trouble finding a good example of working with a file.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Havent written any code in along time but took up a little project that requires some C++ , Just need a little help getting started. Does any one have the source code for a program that will
Read file
write what it reads to another file.
Pick out specific tokens in the file and read them to a seperate file.
I know this is very simple , I can do all the logic but am having trouble finding a good example of working with a file.

Reading a file, shud b simple to find on the web.

See here for seperating into tokens... It's so simple even i cud understand it
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread38342.html

ThanQ

I am finding it surprisingliy difficult to find exactly what i need on the web. I have however dug up my old text book so I should be able to find something in there. Thanks for the link it did help at least in deciding which Language to use C or C++. I will prolly post whatever code I make to contribute.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I am finding it surprisingliy difficult to find exactly what i need on the web. I have however dug up my old text book so I should be able to find something in there. Thanks for the link it did help at least in deciding which Language to use C or C++. I will prolly post whatever code I make to contribute.

use c++ it's far easier.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.