Check out the wiki for boggle.

You job is to create a program that generates all possible words that can be constructed given the boggle board and a dictionary. A word has to be of length three or greater and the word has to exist in the dictionary.

For example check out this example.

The result should be sorted and unique and be printed out to the console. On my mac, my current time for a 100x100 board is 15 seconds, and for a 4x4 board 0.10 seconds. See if someone can beat it. But note, that my hardware might be better than yours or worse, so to be fair, we might actually need to compare in a controlled environment( ex. post your solution and I'll time it on my mac).

Good luck guys!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I am working on this because it looks like fun. I am just wondering what the challenge is, implementation wise. I have a BoggleBoard class now, and a function in it called getAllMoves() this function takes an array of c-style strings and an integer array length. Should I return an array of the possible c-style strings that can be made using the tiles on the board, or should I return just the best possible word, or what?

I am working on this because it looks like fun. I am just wondering what the challenge is, implementation wise. I have a BoggleBoard class now, and a function in it called getAllMoves() this function takes an array of c-style strings and an integer array length. Should I return an array of the possible c-style strings that can be made using the tiles on the board, or should I return just the best possible word, or what?

You solution should print out all possible words that can be created by the boggle board. Note the word has to be of length 3 or greater.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.