I have an idea in mind. I want to create a Terminal (Windows Command Prompt) based completely in Java, capable of creating, compiling, editing, etc for Java files. I would like this to also resemble the look of Terminal/Command Prompt. Being the black background, and the text start like below.

nathan@ubuntu:~$

I have already created a file to create files, it takes only a few options at the moment (-a for class with Main, -b for class with constructor & Main and lastly -j for GUI with one JLabel).

I am only fairly new to programming (Java being my new passion even though I used to absolutely hate it), and I want to see this project through to the end.

As I am new to it all, I was wondering if anyone is willing to participate in this project of mine. All work done by you will have full thanks given.

Anybody interested may personal message me on here, or email me directly at [snipped].

Thank you for reading.

I have an idea in mind. I want to create a Terminal (Windows Command Prompt) based completely in Java, capable of creating, compiling, editing, etc for Java files. I would like this to also resemble the look of Terminal/Command Prompt. Being the black background, and the text start like below.

Basically, you want to create a command based IDE. I don't see any practical use of it today since people will always prefer to use a GUI based IDE. But if you are doing it for your own practice then its okay :) :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.