Hi all,

I have a compaq M300 that I bought used less than a month ago.It has XP Pro installed and the battery held a charge for a few hours.Someone wanted me to demonstrate how to disconnect the docking station but I do not think it was powered down completely when I detached it and it made strange noises.

After I tried to power it up on the battery the next day nothing happened.I then powered it with AC and it showed the battery completely discharged.I do not recall if it happened then or there after but since when I would try to boot it would hang on the compaq logo for about 15 minutes before booting...unless I hit the Ctrl-Alt-Del buttons and then it would boot with the task manager screen showing.

I then reinstalled windows which cured this problem but now and then I get "Invalid System Time"at bootup.If I hit enter it boots with the clock set at 12:00 and sometimes It keeps the time and sometimes it looses it.I have discovered that if I do not hit enter on the Invalid System Time at bootup it will boot on it's own after about 15 minutes.

And now for the problem I am having.It now shows the battery at 100% but will not power up on the battery and when the AC is disconnected the computer dies right now.Other than the problems described the computer performs flawlessly as far as what I have used if for.

Any Ideas? Give it too me straight...I can take it.

Thanks...John

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm not sure when this became a vb.net programming issue, so let me move this to the hardware help forum.

ps: wait, I don't moderate .net.... someone else will have to.

Sorry...I thought I was in the hardware forum under Cases, Fans and Power Supplies when I posted this.At least that was where I thought I was where it said post new thread.This is the first time I have even visited VB.NET.Maybe I better stick to fixing trucks.

Lol, I didn't mean to sound sarcastic, and before Dani split Vb and VB.net, I had the ability to move thread.... since the split, I'm stuck in legacy VB :)

No Problem.Maybe you just had too much coffie and cigarettes and on top of that you were probably sitting in front of your computer for 42 hours straight trying to figure out some meaningless problem that would make no difference what so ever...now that was sarcastic.

I did repost this in the hardware forum (I think) so this should be deleted if someone has the allmighty power to do so.If not someone might try to solve it as a programming issue.Thanks for bringing this to my attention and keep up the good work in here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.