well i have two questions:
1-hey i was wondering is there a library or namespace in c# for creating databases? like anydbm with python?or anyway to do it?
2-witch faster? getting data from huge database or getting it from like a huge database devided to multi database
i mean witch faster getting data from "db" with 20mb size or search in "db1" with 10mbsize and if there is no result search in "db2" with 10mb size?
am using ubuntu11.10 with mono IDE

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

To connect to sql databases the namespace in C# is this:
using System.Data.SqlClient;

As far as what you said:

" getting data from "db" with 20mb size or search in "db1" with 10mbsize and if there is no result search in "db2" with 10mb size"

As far as coding goes, obviously its going to be a little bit quicker to connect to one database, get the data, close the connection to the D_base than connecting to multiple db's, opening multiple connections, searching in multiple locations, and closing multiple connections.

thanx guys the helps alot

do u know any tutorial for using system.data.sqlclient

and i want to ask if i made a program that uses databases it must have sql server on the machine that the program works on? i mean is there a portable database like anydbm in python? thankx alot anyway

WHICH IS THE BEST DATA BASE COMBINATION WITH C# LANGUAGE ORACLE OR MY SQL?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.