Hi!
I want to add a picture to my opened word file. But not from file. I have some picture on a DC in my program and want it directly to Word document. Does anybode know how?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I don't know what you mean by DC... but are you working with 97-2003 documents or 2007-2010 documents? If you are using the older versions, you'll probably have to do some type of OLE automation, check here to get started (depending on what libraries you are using for your GUI it may be different). If you are using the newer file formats, they are an open standard and are basically a zip file of xml. Then you may need to encode the image in the format you want Word to use. Plently of libraries available for that.

thank you. I'll explore it thoroughly. But I suppose variants with zip and xml not gonna help. I need picture addition in running word document.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.