Hi,

I'm new to python, although I have experience with other programming languages. I installed python and downloaded packages, which all work fine. But now I downloaded Obspy, and it can't find the modules. For example, if I type: from obspy.core import read, it gives an error stating that there is no module named core. I've tried to add it to the list of file paths and I tried to type this: import sys
sys.path.append("C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\Obspy\Lib\site-packages\obspy.core-0.6.2-py2.7.egg"), but it keeps giving me the same error. Can someone help me?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The path C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\Obspy\Lib\site-packages\obspy.core-0.6.2-py2.7.egg looks strange. Something like C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\obspy.core-0.6.2-py2.7.egg would look more conventional. Did you install obspy with a windows installer ?

If you don't want to change anything, you can try to add this path C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\Obspy\Lib\site-packages to your PYTHONPATH environment variable.

Thanks for your help, but it still doesn't work. Yes, I installed Obspy with a windows installer. It has all kinds of packages inside the package Obspy, so maybe that confuses my computer. Should I maybe save it elsewhere? Python27\Lib\site-packages worked fine for all other packages.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.