Hi I hope someone can shed some light on the problem I am having at the momment with an Excel 2010 Sheet, the workbook has 13 sheets with formulas and I rotate the 2 values using vba there are other things going on like a link to SQL server that populates data but this happens at the begining.

My problem is this the excel sheet produces over 400 excel seperate books (yes you read that correctly the client wants the data in excel) when the books are saved the excel workbooks sizes are 17 meg however if you go into the workbook after the routine has finished and save it again it comes back down to between 400 and 500 k + or -.

I have checked if there are any excternal links on the book as I know this is a known issue but there are non on there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have found the solution to this problem its to do with MS excel persisting with a link to the original named ranges below is how I fixed it.

Dim nm As Name

For Each nm In ActiveWorkbook.Names
    If nm.Name = "_xlfn.IFERROR" Or Right(nm.Name, 10) = "Print_Area" Then
      'Do nothing
    Else
       nm.Delete
   End If
 Next nm
commented: Nice in solving it yourself. Please mark as solved, thanx +12

Nice in solving it for yourself AND posting the solution. I gave you some rep for that. :)

Please mark as solved, thanx.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.