Absolutely new to C. I just downloaded Code::Blocks with MinGW and tried to build my first piece of code and I got this strange message:
Linking console executable: bin\Debug\intro1.exe
Execution of 'mingw32-g++.exe -o bin\Debug\intro1.exe obj\Debug\main.o' in 'D:\Documents\intro1' failed.
Nothing to be done.
And I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

if u start a project in c or c++ in code blocks it will randomly generate helloworld program .first run that program and check whelther it runs or not

I've already tried that but I get the same message every time.

wats ur code blocks version ???? if it is more than 10.try to download code blocks with 8.02 mingw compiler

Linking console executable: bin\Debug\intro1.exe
Execution of 'mingw32-g++.exe -o bin\Debug\intro1.exe obj\Debug\main.o' in 'D:\Documents\intro1' failed.
Nothing to be done.

Is that the entire build output, or is there anything else, especially before this?

It looks like maybe your source file hasn't been added to the project in C::B.

That is the entire output. The version is more than 10 but I tried to install it on my laptop and it works just fine. I haven't done anything different. The problem is only with my desktop.

That is the entire output. The version is more than 10 but I tried to install it on my laptop and it works just fine. I haven't done anything different. The problem is only with my desktop.

Can you zip up your source and C::B project files for us?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.