strcpy(winKey[4].key, "147");
    strcpy(winKey[5].key, "258");
    strcpy(winKey[6].key, "369");
    strcpy(winKey[7].key, "159");
    strcpy(winKey[8].key, "357");
    }

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

What?? what do you mean by "changing" here??

1) You don't -- this is the C forum.

2) Set insert mode off, set the cursor on the s, and type.

when i runs it shows error like :
warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.

is there any alternative to it?

Yes, turn off the error message for the compiler. M$ has decided to rewrite the function, but since the function they wrote is not standard, they also decided to annoy us with their "we're better than the standard" attitude.

commented: hahaha! nice ;) +2

is there any alternative to it?

Well, you could read the message and see that strcpy_s() is provided as a "safe" alternative. strcpy_s() is a part of the C11 standard (it's not standard at all in C++), but C11 was only ratified in January of this year, so there aren't any solid implementations of it yet.

But Microsoft bugged us with that stupid warning long before the bounds checked functions were included in C11, and C11 doesn't deprecate the non-range checked functions, so it doesn't excuse the warning at all. I always disable it from the project settings (Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Advanced -> Disable Specific Warnings). You can also disable it directly from code with this pragma:

#pragma warning(disable:4996)

But that hurts your code's portability.

I don't use VC at this time but doesn't VC offer a way to disable errors from the project/IDE settings? If not, that figures...

I don't use VC at this time but doesn't VC offer a way to disable errors from the project/IDE settings?

In my previous post I described both a project settings method and a direct code method for disabling warnings.

Member Avatar for I_m_rude

seriously, after reading discussions on Daniweb.com increases my knowlegde much. You all guys are great. by heart i am saying. hats off to all. thanks.

Sorry, missed the first method and zeroed in just on the pragma...

Sorry, missed the first method and zeroed in just on the pragma...

To be fair, pragmas are evil. Sometimes necessary, but always evil. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.