Need help with this and my professor is teaching way too fast.

You are going to convert feet and inches or pounds in this program. You will give the user the choice of converting feet and inches to centimeters OR pounds to kilograms. With the correct answer you will also display the number entered. You will also create the program 3 times, once for each of the basic loops (counting loop 5 itterations, while & do-while as many as the user wants). Don't forget to check the UPPER and lower case letters. This means you will have 3 Visio files to zip and turn in.

Formulas:

cm= (feet * 30.48) + (inches * 2.54)
kg= lbs*0.45359

I really dont understand any of this and my teacher moves to fast to explain things.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I really dont understand any of this...

OK, translation:

You are going to convert feet and inches or pounds in this program.

You will write a conversion program that converts feet into inches and inches into feet. It must also handle pounds (presumably into ounces).

You will give the user the choice of converting feet and inches to centimeters OR pounds to kilograms.

Oh, unclear above.
OK, you will enter feet and inches and convert that into centimeters.
Or you will enter pounds and convert that into kilograms.
You will also have an input that asks the user whether input is in feet or pounds.

With the correct answer you will also display the number entered.

Once you make the conversion you must display the value entered as well as the conversion value calculated.

You will also create the program 3 times, once for each of the basic loops (counting loop 5 itterations, while & do-while as many as the user wants).

Make 3 programs, one for each type of loop defined in C++.

Don't forget to check the UPPER and lower case letters.

If (when) you enter characters instead of numbers, check if they are upper or lower case and handle them appropriately.

This means you will have 3 Visio files to zip and turn in.

Make 3 Visio files and zip them. Turn them in, too.

Hope that's clearer.

Need help with this and my professor is teaching way too fast.

I really dont understand any of this and my teacher moves to fast to explain things.

This is not really a C++ issue, it's a problem you have with your professor. Nothing we do or say can fix that. You need to address it with your professor, probably by talking it over first. If that fails, and if you're certain the problem lies with your professor, take it up with the authorities at your school or college.

take it up with the authorities at your school or college

I hope your joking. The last thing most people need in school, is a professor with a chip on their shoulder.

I hope your joking.

You hope my joking what?

The last thing most people need in school, is a professor with a chip on their shoulder.

That's worse than not having a clue? Fine. It's still not a C++ problem.

What he means is the problem, as you described it so far, has nothing to do with C++. You have to have actual code for it to become a C++ problem.

A long time ago, in a faraway universe, someone who looks like me wrote something called C++ Tutorials for Beginners and Cheapskates, which included a tutorial on loops. It appears there's still a copy collecting dust on the internet, if you think it might help.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:ZPu1hYhBIYcJ:www.mat.unisi.it/personalpages/quaranta/c%2B%2B/C%2B%2B%2520Tutorial.pdf+c%2B%2B+%22beginners+and+cheapskates%22+pdf&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgF-l4fUa0mkCCwmPDIqdpZX3DcsmCCsPNam-Y4olDP7XHV0m8634-2gLQF7ASchzKWfKBtQqUDEXjpYQwA36yA3zeTM3kTOzyHQcrlng4gUS2OeMfdRtInQ5UCMJIxRf9W-rRN&sig=AHIEtbQ2R2pEFGNeoM_m3hKglbwgPtQqiQ

I haven't read it for years and take no responsibility if following the advice within makes odd things happen while you sleep. And you can safely ignore the URL and email address within the document, they went AWOL a long time ago.

Need help, what will be the code to display these:

commented: BE more careful when post-bombing other threads. Search first on the forum, than make a new thread if you didn't find what you were looking for. Here's the link: http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/cpp/threads/426915/asterisk-right-triangle -1

@ Melou22 - Please start a new thread if you have a question. You will also want to show the code you have so far. We dont give out the answers for homework problems but we can help you get the solution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.