I made a vb project and there i use a database as "super.mdb".My database is located at mydocuments. So i used the path(c:\mydocuments\super.mdb)in forms of my project to connect the database with my vb project. After making my project as a setup file, I installed it in my system and it works perfectly. But when i installed it on another system, It says that "can't able to find my database".when I made setup file,I added super.mdb file to package folder.how can I make setup file working properly in another computer.

This is a common mistake when writing a new application.

When you start a new project, create your database in the folder that you have created for the application...

You should then use the path to the database to make sure it works 100%.

path(c:\mydocuments\super.mdb) is incorrect, use the following...

rsMyRecordset.Open (App.Path & "super.mdb"

App.path will refer back to where the application was installed and will then make the call the database.

Im sorry I don't undestand how to use above code.I will further explain you about my project.lets think that database is located at "F:\project\" .In my database (stock.mdb) there is a table name as "products".my project has two forms namely form1 and form2. at form1 I use below codes

Dim db As Database
Dim tbpro As Recordset

Private Sub cmdadd_Click()
tbpro.AddNew
tbpro!proid = txtid.Text
tbpro!prodesc = txtdesc.Text
tbpro.Update
txtid.Text = ""
txtdesc.Text = ""
txtid.SetFocus
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()
Set db = OpenDatabase("F:\project\super.mdb")
set tbpro = db.OpenRecordset("products")
endsub

please tell me how can I use the code you given above

rsMyRecordset.Open (App.Path & "super.mdb"

in form1.please help.

I got the solution.The code you given above should recorrect as

rsMyRecordset.Open (App.Path & "\" & "super.mdb")

then it works well.thank you very much for helping me.thanks bravo..

Sorry now I have another problem.In my project I used a datagrid and Adodc.datasource of datagrid is Adodc.there in Adodc properties I select "use connection string".I used Microsoft jet 4.0 OLE DB provider and select the connection path to the database as "F:\project\super.mdb".I made the setup file as mension above and install it.when Im runing the program the datagrid is not work.it says the path "F:\project\super.mdb" is invalid.how can I solve this problem.help me please.

ok..Sorry now I have another problem.In my project I used a datagrid and Adodc.datasource of datagrid is Adodc.there in Adodc properties I select "use connection string".I used Microsoft jet 4.0 OLE DB provider and select the connection path to the database as "F:\project\super.mdb".I made the setup file as mension above and install it.when Im runing the program the datagrid is not work.it says the path "F:\project\super.mdb" is invalid.how can I solve this problem.help me please.

Set your connection the same as your recordset. The database should be in app folder as well -

Set db = OpenDatabase(App.Path $ "\super.mdb")

No.Im asking how can I set connection string path to adodc.

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=F:\project\super.mdb

the path sould be valid when runing the program in another computer too.

In that case you need to open a new thread with your question "Connect datagrid to database". This question has been answered, please mark as solved, thanx.

I'll answer on your new thread.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.