i am trying to execute an exe file on a remote computer using vb 6.0 and i'm using psexec here is my code:

shell("psexec //computer1 d:\test.exe")

but it is not working by. by the way i am using a cloned system. can anybody help me.. thank you so much.

I've never tried it myself, but this sounds like a job for DCOM. Here's a Microsoft article that walks you through DCOM with VB6. You create an ActiveX exe on machine A, and then VB6 code running on machine B can call into the exe running on machine A. You haven't said what the exe actually needs to do, but presumably you can create one or more methods in a class to do it - whatever it is - and you can pass any necessary information between the machines with the method calls.

Also keep in mind that there are a lot of security risks involved and that you have permissions set to actually connect to the remote system etc ....

thanks. i will try to work on it.
by the way do you have any idea how to access phpmyadmin on a server. i am using xampp and i want to run that on a network and access it using the application i made in visual basic 6?

:) quite easy, read my tutorial on mysql, xampp here. It will give you a step by step to install, stting root, and connect to your database.

If you need more help, shout...

i was able to connect to my database locally using th following code

Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Database=NAME_OF_MY_DATABASE;Server=localhost; Port=3306;Option=13;

and it works fine. my problem now is i want to access another dabatese wich is stored on a remoter computer. i dont have any idea what to do. please help me. thank you.

First, this is an entire new question to your original question. Please open a new thread and I will answer from there.

Is the database on remote pc in a network or on an online server. Please answer in your new question..

Please mark this as solved, the original question has been answered, thanx.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.