I have a datagridview bound to a datatable and it works great. However, when I try to programmatically change the datasource property to a different existing table, I get a blank datagridview with no cells. Although I have tried many bits of code to remedy the problem, this is the one that I felt should do the trick:

dgvThresholds.DataSource = SquirrelDataSet.Tables("Threshold market 12")
ThresholdMarketTableListTableAdapter.Update(SquirrelDataSet.Tables("Threshold market 12"))
dgvThresholds.DataSource = ThresholdMarketDefaultBindingSource
dgvThresholds.Refresh()

Any advice on how to get this thing to work? Seems simple...

Recommended Answers

Check and see if your datatable is still populated after your update...

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

Check and see if your datatable is still populated after your update...

Okay, this is weird. I had to remove line 2 to get the code to run. It would bug out on that line. So I tried:

dgvThresholds.DataSource = SquirrelDataSet.Tables("Threshold market 12")
dgvThresholds.DataSource = ThresholdMarketDefaultBindingSource
dgvThresholds.Refresh()
MsgBox(SquirrelDataSet.Tables("Threshold market 12").Rows(0).Item(1))

I must have a syntax issue with the last line because it bugs out on that as well. Any ideas?

Okay, here is what I came up with:

Dim bindingSource As BindingSource
bindingSource = New BindingSource()
bindingSource.DataSource = Threshold_market_6TableAdapter.GetData
dgvThresholds.DataSource = bindingSource
bindingSource.ResetBindings(False)

The problem now is that the third line is not able to be set to the value the user chooses in the combobox. In other words, I want the bindingsource.datasource property to be set to Threshold_market_6TableAdapter if that's what the user chose in the combobox, but Threshold_market_2TableAdapter if that is what they chose. I tried setting the value to a variable and useing bindingSource.DataSource = VariableName and even bindingSource.DataSource = VariableName.GetData but neither will cause the datagridview to populate. Suggestions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.