Is it possible to create programmes to run on coumputers thad do not have any operating systems? :evil: :cheesy: :sad:

aer9998 commented: i wanna know too, very interesting +0

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Plz increase my reputation

commented: don't beg +0
commented: dont go asking for Rep, thats rude. +0
commented: wat ever i need to spread rep it isnt going to do much for you +1

Hi everyone,
yes, but you have to create everything even api's that display the text on the screen. You can also do it for gui's but you have to create your own look and feel and gui packages

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

>Is it possible to create programmes to run on coumputers thad do not have any operating systems?
No, since to do so would require you to write an operating system to some extent.

Is it possible to create programmes to run on coumputers thad do not have any operating systems? :evil: :cheesy: :sad:

That's generally what I do, so yes.

cmos chips for things like vending machines and such like use little programs on chips with no os. Close as you can get i spose to having no os. But it is still running operations so it's an os. Sort of like how long is a bit of string.

Programs that run on computers without needing an operating system are called "operating systems".

Well operating systems havent always been around, so I guess the question is can you create programs that for example only access maybe the keyboard and screen on an x86 processor without creating timesharing, drivers for other hardware etc. I understand that such programs would be tedious, but im sure theyre possible to write. you would probably have to learn every aspect of the processor architecture, the graphics card, how to load from a floppy disk (or cd?) etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.