using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace LandTransfer
{
    static class Program
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// The main entry point for the application.
        /// </summary>
        public static int code = 0;
        //C:/LandTransfer/Database/
        public static string database = "//192.168.1.24/LandTransfer/Database/LTMS.mdb";
        public static string source = "Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + database + "";
        [STAThread]
        static void Main()
        {
            Application.EnableVisualStyles();
            Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false);
            Application.Run(new Parent());
        }
    }
}

I am trying to export data to onother compuer database having in network, error "the programme is being used by onother user exclusivly or you have no permission" The programme is same but i want that two person on different computer can work at the same time, and the data should be stored in one computer. I am giving my programme coding ---------

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Access databases can only be open by one user at a time.

It would be wise to open a connection , read all data, then close the connection.

On the computer '192.168.1.24' should exist a shared folder published as 'LandTransfer'.
When you share the folder, go to the advanced share options, and set the share permission to full for every.

If the computer '192.168.1.24' belongs to an Active Directory Domain, and yours also, to the same domain, then on the '192.168.1.24' computer you must give permissions to domain users to the folder to modify (not to the share). Otherwise, if both computers are stand-alone (not acive directory integrated) you must create a network unit( S: or what else is free) , pointin to the share in '192.168.1.24' and supply the user credentials using the computername\username and the passwor for an existing user in the '192.168.1.24' computer. In this case, you must change your connection string to "S:/Database/LTMS.mdb".
Alsu you'll need to give local modify permissions to the folder for the username credential you used. (see this KB)

@begginerdev: An Access db can be acessed from many users at same time. See this article.

hope this helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.