Hi all!

i was just thinking if there could be any logic behind "starting an application automatically when a prescribed folder is accessed?" More clearly, i need to prevent my data inside a folder, and want the application to get the password from user, if it is correct, application may close and show the data to user. And if it is wrong it doesnot allow the data to be shown. Any idea? application could be in any language, i just need the key points. Thank You!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I think you probably want to use a FileSystemWatcher I'm thinking the Changed event filtered by the LastAccess property.

IMO, the easiest way is playing with the security tab of the properties of the folder, only allowing to acces there to the users you really authorize to it.

Also, if you need it, you can add users to the computer on the Users link in the Control Panel, to allow them to see your folder.

Hope this helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.