An integer double-dimensional array called hotel is used to keep track of reservations in an hotel of 5 floors each floor having 8 rooms. The floors are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, and the rooms are numbered 1, 2, 3… 8. Write a C++ program to manage the hotel reservations by completing the following:

 Write a function called isFree, that takes the array hotel, the room number and the floor number, and returns true if that room on that floor is free, and false otherwise. A reserved room has a value of 1, whereas a free room has a value of 0.
 Write a function called reserveRoom, that takes the array hotel, the room number and the floor number, and reserves that room on that floor. Note that this function should use the function isFree to make sure the room to be reserved is free; otherwise the function should print a message saying the room is already reserved.
 Write a function called freeRoom, that takes the array hotel, the room number and the floor number, and frees that room on that floor.
 Write a function called countFree, that takes the array hotel, and returns the number of free rooms in the hotel.
 Write a function called showHotel, that takes the array hotel, and outputs the status of all rooms in the hotel. The output should look as follows for the hotel:

R01 R02 R03 R04 R05 R06 R07 R08
F1  [x] [x] [ ] [ ] [ ] [x] [ ] [ ]
F2  [ ] [x] [x] [ ] [x] [ ] [ ] [ ]
F3  [x] [x] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [x] [x]
F4  [ ] [x] [ ] [ ] [x] [ ] [x] [ ]
F5  [x] [ ] [x] [ ] [ ] [x] [x] [x]

Using the functions above, write a program that shows the hotel at the start (all rooms are free), then allows a user to manage the hotel through a menu (reserve, free, print, etc.).

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

what's your question about the problem?

what's your question about the problem?

I think this is his assignement for school.

Speaking on my behalf, guys, I won't write your homeworks.

As mentioned above, we cannot do your homework. However, if you attempt this code, and post the code you attempted, we could then give you a hand in helping you figure out how to do it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.