This is a homework assignment.

I am in a Software Engineering class and we have to implement a change request in a group project. My group chose Winmerge, and my change request is to do the following:

1.) Set the divider to reset to the middle on double-click.

2.) Allow the user to snap the divider to certain increments (10% of width) with (keyboard button)+click.

I don't understand how CSplitter works. Is there a definition of the splitter that I can work with? The application already has double click accelerators defined for the diff tool, so I'm not sure how I can implement my change request without conflicting with this definiton. I tried adding a new message to the CSplitter class and modifying the divider that way, but the application doesn't respond to my double click on the divider.

void CSplitterWndEx::OnMButtonDblClk(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
{

CSplitterWnd::OnMButtonDblClk(nFlags, point);
    // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
    CRect rect;
    CSplitterWnd::GetClientRect(&rect);
    SetColumnInfo(0,rect.Width()/2,rect.Width()/2);
    RecalcLayout();

}

What can I do? Any hints or tips?

Contributors
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ancient Dragon

Do you mean CSplitter from MFC (link)? AFAIK you change the size of each pain by drag-and-drop, not by double clicking or other key combinations. That's all build into the CSplitter class, you need to do nothing.

Edited by Ancient Dragon

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.