I am using asp.net configuration tool for my website.
Have everything working fine (The sign out button and the database)
Now I want to implament something that shows the users who are online and offline.
An icon that shows up next to a users datbase table that if they are online shows icon "Online"
if Offline then icon showing "Offline"

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks.

Or if they are online turn their row green.

Thanks again for help.

best thing to do would be to have a field, in the users table, that acts like a flag. It should be a bit data type and 0 if the user is offline, updated to be a 1 when the user signs in successfuly, and return to a 0 when they log out successfuly.

We will need to know how your tables are structured, in terms of where all the user info is stored, in order to give you a more accurate solution.

Dani may be a good person to ask about this as she has the little beacon next to the time of a post is that user is online (that will probably be dependent on a flag like the one I mentioned above).

Hope this helps.

what will you do if user login in his panel but closed a broweser. if we doing this according by you. user still showing online.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.