Okay, so I'm in Progromming 2 for school and I was working on Array List and the next lessons just tells you to use the Fibonacci series. Now it was never mention in any prior lessons or semesters and I'm not exactly sure what it is. I know it has something to do with array list.

Ezzaral commented: This is just pure laziness. The simplest search would have yielded all the information you could ever want to read on this. -3

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

you can get a lot of result by just searching google.Take a look http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fibonacci+series

By the way in fibonacci series:-
The next number is found by adding up the two numbers before it.

The 2 is found by adding the two numbers before it (1+1)
Similarly, the 3 is found by adding the two numbers before it (1+2),
And the 5 is (2+3),
and so on!
Example: the next number in the sequence above would be 21+34 = 55
It is that simple!

Here is a longer list:

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584, 4181, 6765, 10946, 17711, 28657, 46368, 75025, 121393, 196418, 317811, ...

Can someone explain what the Fibonacci series is?

IIM n <M/> have already added java related information to fibonacci stuff... this post , isnt much about about java , but more about the numbers themselves .

if you have seen/read the da vinci code , u might have heard about the golden ratio. fibonacci numbers are initimately related to the golden ratio as such that two successive fibonacci numbers follow the golden ratio. instances of this ratio , (and thus fibonacci numbers) are abundant in nature.
the ratio of human body parts , size and shape of flower petals , and even rules of framing of a photograph.... there are countless areas where golden ratios and fibonacci series play a very influential part! so as you see , these are quite a set of numbers... !
cool thing to study if you ask me :)
have fun :)

IIM n <M/> have already added java related information to fibonacci stuff... this post , isnt much about about java , but more about the numbers themselves .

I know, but i only provided info on the java part because this was posted IN the java forum but i guess you are right.

this post , isnt much about about java , but more about the numbers themselves .

i think you misunderstood me there... by this post i tried to mean my post(rather reply) and what i was going to write about! i guess i didnt make much sense there.. and yes of course the replies should be java related as this is the java forum , but since you and IIM had already done the java part.. so thought id just say a bit on the numbers.. coz it is an interesting series :)

sorry for the confusion.
regards.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.