I recently got a question by my tutor to wite a program in C++ and the question is as follows so can someone else try out with it by writing another program in C++ since i have already written it in 2 ways and would like someone else to try it and let me know if it works please

• The question is

"Population Model
Suppose that in a given month the number of Kernighan in sector i is pop_k[i], and the population of Ritchies is
pop_r[i]. The number of Kernighans in sector i changes as follows:
• The population pop_k[i] decreases by alpha_k · pop_k[i]. This is the number of Kernighans that
would starve if there were no Ritchies to eat.
• The population pop_k[i] increases by beta_k · pop_k[i] · pop_r[i]. This is the number of new
Kernighans because they can feed on Ritchies.
• The population pop_k[i] decreases by gamma_k · pop_k[i]2. This decrease in the number of
Kernighans is due to competition between Kernighans.
• The population pop_k[i] increases by omega_k · pop_k[left(i)]. This is the number of Kernighans that
migrated from the sector to the left of sector i.
• The population pop_k[i] increases by omega_k · pop_k[right(i)]. This is the number of Kernighans that
migrated from the sector to the right of sector i.
• The population pop_k[i] decreases by 2 omega_k · pop_k[i]. This is the number of Kernighans that
migrated from the sector i to one of the two neighbouring sectors.
• If the result of this computation is smaller than 0.001, then there are no Kernighan fish left.
The number of Ritchies in sector i changes as follows:
CS111 – Assignment 1 – 2013 – Page 4 of 10
• The population pop_r[i] increases by alpha_r · pop_r[i]. This is the number of new Ritchies, if there
were no Kernighan to eat them..
• The population pop_r[i] decreases by beta_r · pop_k[i] · pop_r[i]. This is the number of Ritcchies
eaten by Kernighans.
• The population pop_r[i] decreases by gamma_r · pop_r[i]2. This decrease in the number of Ritcchies
tis due to competition between Ritchies.
• The population pop_r[i] increases by omega_r · pop_r[left(i)]. This is the number of Ritcchies that
migrated from the sector to the left of sector i.
• The population pop_r[i] increases by omega_r · pop_r[right(i)]. This is the number of Ritcchies that
migrated from the sector to the right of sector i.
• The population pop_r[i] decreases by 2 omega_r · pop_r[i]. This is the number of Ritcchies that
migrated from the sector i to one of the two neighbouring sectors.
Measurements have shown that the constants have the following values:
• alpha_k = 0.4;
• beta_k = 0.4
• gamma_k=0.036
• omega_k=0.1
• alpha_r = 0.2;
• beta_r = 0.2
• gamma_r=0.036
• omega_r=0.1
Instructions
You are asked to implement a simulator that computes the populations for a given number of months for all
sectors. This simulator has to take into account the predator-prey model and the influence of migration. It
should give the user an option to set the population of Ritchies in a randomly selected sector to 0."

• This is what is required

**"Please implement the main function, i.e give the code for the simulator, following the structure given by the
following pseudo code.
//Print welcome message
//Ask how many months to simulate
//Initialise populations in all sectors to 1
//Set the populations of Ritchies in a random sector to 0, if user want to.
//Print header of the table
//Print the population for months 0
//For each month
//For each sector
//Compute new populations
//Copy new populations to populations
//Display populations
//Return

Important: In all your program constructs you must write comments where necessary. Do not write comments
for obvious code, but for segments which seem complex.**

Contributors
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tinstaafl

Show us the code you've got and outline where the problems are and we'll help you fix it.

Edited by tinstaafl

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.