hi everyone
i have a server using windows sockets and runs on multiple computers on lan,
and i need to display a list of the servers from a client machine,
what is the easy way ,how can i implement it

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

program a client to make a connection request from a single server, and display the server name or IP if the connection is granted, and logout.
Use it to make connection requests from each computer in the LAN. You will get a list of computer names where the server is running. You can also program the client program to save the server name if the connection is granted. Then you can have it for future reference.

program a client to make a connection request from a single server, and display the server name or IP if the connection is granted, and logout.
Use it to make connection requests from each computer in the LAN. You will get a list of computer names where the server is running. You can also program the client program to save the server name if the connection is granted. Then you can have it for future reference.

that's all right ,,but i need the way i implement this operation sequence,, there is lots of question marks.
first what should i use for the best solution ,, stream or datagrams?then how can i spill it around the request ,,
by broadcasting? or how?
can i find some example codes for this?
for example an open source network chat program?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.