I write this post to ask where I can make bulk purchase of computer science e-books (say, 1000 books on a CD).

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Obviously eBooks are generally less expensive than printed material. However, if purchased legitimately, 1,000 eBooks could cost you tens of thousands of dollars, not to mention that you need quite a bit of free time to read all of that material.

Sites like packtpub offer access to all their ebooks for a monthly/yearly fee.

Member Avatar for stbuchok

I believe Oreilly has a similar deal where you pay a monthly fee and get access to all their ebooks.

Safari Books Online is what I use. Unlimited access is $43/month which is steep (cheaper options limit your books per month), but they have books on nearly everything, from abstract theory to concrete step-by-step manuals and everything in between, with an excellent topic search feature.

@JorgeM. The price is no problem; I'm trying to make the purchase for my university's library, we are trying to make the library electronic.

Have the University make the purchase Less$$$$

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.