hi,

im looking to start my final year project in computer science, but we haven't been given much guidance on a topic area, one of the things i was thinking of perhaps doing is a learning aid or something of that sort, and im not too good at java so wanted to do the programming in maybe a multi media based language i.e.flash or director...and i want to try to get a first for this ..;)

does anyone have any ideas???

thanks
Alefiyah

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

hi,

im looking to start my final year project in computer science, but we haven't been given much guidance on a topic area, one of the things i was thinking of perhaps doing is a learning aid or something of that sort, and im not too good at java so wanted to do the programming in maybe a multi media based language i.e.flash or director...and i want to try to get a first for this ..;)

thanks
Alefiyah

same problem not good in programming anywayz ... hope for the good ... there are some other domains .. SE , Networks but u have to programm a bit i m also searching for the solution

you can do speech recognition using c++(Isolated word recognition)

am also in the same problem with you guys. am looking for a proposal. am not good in programming but we have been given strict instructions that we must programme all the same. i have been thinking of coding with VB.Net. If there are any ideas on anything to do with archiving solutions.

hi
i have to make an final year project too and for that i will use vb.net but i am thinkin to connect it with sql. if u ever know howto do it. i think that will be perfect for u too ;)
good luck

When I click Start, All Programs, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Management Stusio, SQL Server Management Studio Opens, then Connect to server Windows appears. Using Windows Authentication and server type as Database Engine, I click connect and get the message "cannot connect to server1. Additional Information: An error has occured while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings of SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (Provider: Named Pipes Provider, error:40 -Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server , Error: 1231)"
I am using a stand alone Windows XP Professional Computer. What can I do to be able to connect to the server.

well don't worry i'm doing the same course from delhi university..
i can only help you out in c++ and assembly..
we had given a good guidence for projects..
i'll tell you when you come online.. well i'm going to work on cryptography project or on security project..
add me its my yahoo id..
<email id snipped as per forum policy>

this is topetoye i just joined DaniWeb IT discussion community.i'm studying mgt ifo sys.i also have that problem but at least i could say that using SQL always helps.if anyone has any project topics that have to do with using programming in banks, clinics, and various non-it based organisations, please i would like a p.s.

@mytime19 can we gist?

@mytime19 can we gist?

Since it was his(her) final year topic and the last post in this thread is from 2 years ago, I would suspect that you're too late ;)

oops!!!!
well its allowed considering i just joined
who you?

this is topetoye i just joined DaniWeb IT discussion community.i'm studying mgt ifo sys.i also have that problem but at least i could say that using SQL always helps.if anyone has any project topics that have to do with using programming in banks, clinics, and various non-it based organisations, please i would like a p.s.

@mytime19 can we gist?

You can write an online banking simulation software for your final year project assignment.

@ ithelp: could u expantiate a lil

For this post :

Since it was his(her) final year topic and the last post in this thread is from 2 years ago, I would suspect that you're too late ;)

I got this PM:

Judgin' from your Join Date, Posts, Reputation. Rep Power and all that, i'll conclude ure very good and old on this site.
so unstead of rubbin' in the fact that i made a mistake, do you mind makin urself useful.
i need help topics, useful languages for particular project and all that stuff.

Excuse me? I NEED to make myself usefull? I'm a volunteer as everyone here, so you don't need to tell me to 'make myself usefull'.

Here's an idea for your project:
Get of your lazy 'behind' and do something yourself instead of commanding the people here to do it for you.

Now if you want some better suggestions then the above, I would suggest you first search the forum
and when you get some ideas, come back with them and ask some specific questions.

[edit]
you also might want to read the rules ("part: keep it clean")

commented: The parade of entitelment fools is without end. +9

and the part about doing your own homework (which includes thinking for yourself, which includes thinking up your own project ideas if that's asked of you).

hi,

thanks
Alefiyah

I came accross this website http://www.csreference.net/ . It is a new website created by some students for students, it has all the topics and ideas and resources for web projects and software projects, free documentation and all, you can submit your own things on it too. good luck.

How many times over the years will this be revived - first post wasn't even till a year later?!

Dunno, it's just another bit of flypaper to catch the useless "me want project" types.

Personally, Dani should just delete them all, then at least this site will no longer appear in google's search results for "F...l y..r p......t h..p"

Hi, is there anyone here working on a project. It would be nice to share ideas, I am interested ina security related project.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.