hi all
i want to ask you how to connect java to remote ms access in another computer

thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You can't (AFAIK), not like you're thinking. MSAccess is a file, and does not have, in anyway shape or form, a network interface (AFAIK). Place the DB on a shared filesystem and access it directly, but beware of concurrent connections, those are a problem for access.

i do not understand could you explain more i mean using something like this

String url1 = "jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=" + "E:\\fast.accdb";
Connection con=DriverManager.getConnection(url);

You do it exactly like that but with "E:" being a shared file system (a shared drive).

but the ms access database stored in another computer so how it can be reached

THAT is what the SHARED FOLDER is for. Ask your Windows System Administrators (if a business/uni system) or at a microsoft forum if personal.

thank you for replay what i understand from you that it does not need to put the ip of the another computer to access the ms access database.

you can also use a webservice, which you call. then you just use the url, and let that webservice do the communication with the db.

how can i use webservice and what you say

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.