Hello

Can someone please suggest a code snippit that can create a new memu item in Microsoft Excel 2007,'s top/main menu?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You can't do that in C++. Microsoft Office Applications do not use the ordinary menu we see in other windows-based program.

Thanks. But I don't think that is True.

You can create menu in Excel using Excel SDK that is used for creating EXcel-Add-ins.

The issue is that from Excel 2007 onwards the menu that you create doesn't go to top. It gets created as a Submenu under Add-Ins. What I want is to move it to the top.

Thanks @ozstylo. But this is about 6 years article and I am beyond that. I know how to create an Excel Add-In in C++ and I also know to create a menu in Excel before Excel 2007. My issue is that I am unable to do so in the same old manner in Excel 2007/2010.

Sorry for typos. Reposting here:

Thanks @ozstylo. But this is about 6 years old article and I am beyond that. I already know how to create an Excel Add-In in C++ and I also know how to create a menu in Excel prior to Excel 2007. My issue is that I am unable to do so in the same old manner in Excel 2007/2010. THe menu does get created but under Add-Ins, not as a new top level menu.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.