Hello. I've been working on this password manager and basically I want to encrpyt a saved file which contains password and account information. When the user clicks save then it should add an encryption and save it so that even if its opened in notepad or wordpad etc it will have those weird looking symbols ( like when you open an exe file in notepad) but when it's opened in the program it should just show the strings. How can this be done? Can someone please help me with this :D

Thank you :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You'll find a couple of examples in the code snippets section. Here is one

Is writing a password manager system your assignment, or do you just happen to need a password manager?

If you just need a Password Manager, there are many already written, and very good. For example, KeePass, 1Password, and my1login.

If you need an encrypted plaintext system, you might want to check out Steganos Locknote, which encrypts files.

And there is SpiderOak, a back-up service that encrypts everything by default.

Is writing a password manager system your assignment, or do you just happen to need a password manager?

If you just need a Password Manager, there are many already written, and very good. For example, KeePass, 1Password, and my1login.

If you need an encrypted plaintext system, you might want to check out Steganos Locknote, which encrypts files.

And there is SpiderOak, a back-up service that encrypts everything by default.

I'm actually making one and I want to add the feature since all the passwords are saved in a textfile with the programs filesnames e.g. flz, pfl. So pretty much if a random person comes across those files he will see the random numbers and words rather than the information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.