I am trying to cut an image that I have uploaded into a java written program into quarters, specifically a pyramid. Every pyramid level will have a corresponding image, for example given an input image of abc.pgm, you will generate output images abc1.pgm for pyramid level 1, and abc2.pgm for pyramid level2. Each level should be in a quarter size from the previous level. But I really don't understand how to do this... any information would be greatly appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do you mean cut into quarters, or reduce to one quarter of the size (in which case use Image's getScaledInstance method)?

okay, so after going back over the question for the homework I found out that what my professor really meant was image pyramid! "pyramid representation by smoothing and
down-sampling with a scaling ratio of 2" ...or I think that is what she meant. Correct me if I am wrong.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.