Hey guys. I want to learn how to make a speech recognition program. I don't want it to be JUST commands. I don't want it to be JUST dictating either. I want it to be commands, dictation, and I want it to be kind of like talking to a real person, like having conversations. I know that it's going to take alot of work but I believe like I can do it. To start of simple I want to learn how to use SAPI to do speech to text. I know how to do text to speech but not the other way around. I'm just going to build a little bit at a time. I was wondering if anyone could find me any good and reliable tutorials, examples, or open source software. I've tried looking but I'm not sure what's reliable and not. Again I'm starting small so just speech to text. Then I'll build my way up slowly. And I'm just guessing that C# is the language to do this in so if someone knows a better language please tell me. Preferablly VB.Net, C#, or C++. Thank you for your time. :)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

lol if only I had a brain lmao thx so much. if anyone else has anything id still like some more info

Your welcome and lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.