ferfer 0 Newbie Poster

I am tring to implement a website search engine with java as an applet,I have used nutch as web crawler and cassandra as my database,I have to use a nosql database(because my teacher wants me to do),now my question is what should I do next to complete my search engine?

I have googled a lot,but all of the sites are mostly about nutch and solr,and they build search engines with integration of these two,cause solr itself is somehow a database,I don't know what should I do,do I have to use solr too to complete my search engine?is it wise to use two databases(solr and cassandra)?or I should do some thing else?

please remember I have to use cassandra. and please first explain me if I have understood things in a wrong way and then give me a minus mark,:D

I will be really really thankfull for your help,I have got somehow confused.

by the way does solr counted as a nosql database?excuse me,I am new to them all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.