Honestly am writing an application and am stuck at this point.
problem is am writing an asset derpreciation application and i am calculating for Monthly Depreciation,End-of-year value ,Accumulated depreciatio.I want get the results of the values in this form in my jTable when the calculation is done.

for example when i enter the number of months, it should display the results over that number,so if it is 7 it should display as below.

Monthly            End-of-year       Accumulated
Months   Depreciation          value            depreciation
----     ------------         -----------       ------------
1           4000                24000            4000
2           4000                20000            8000
3           4000                16000            12000
4           4000                12000            16000
5           4000                8000            20000
6           4000                4000             24000
7           4000                 0               28000

how to get this in my jtable is now my headache. I will appreciate the assistance very much thank you

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mKorbel

If you check the API doc for JTable you will find a choice of constructors that let you supply the data as a simple 2D array (see the doc for all the options) such as

new JTable(Object[][] rowData, Object[] columnNames);

It won't be hard to put your data into a 2D array of Integers, and the column headings into an array of Strings.

The API doc also has extensive discussion and examples for other ways to populate a table with data.

The Oracle Java Tutorials are an excellent source of info like this - see
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/components/table.html

1. create DefaultTableModel for JTable

2. in DefaultTableModel, there to override

• public Class<?> getColumnClass(int column) { seems like as there are numbers only, then with Long or Double.Class

• public boolean isCellEditable(int row, int col) { returns false (non-editable) for column contains sum, result

• public void setValueAt(Object aValue, int rowIndex, int columnIndex) { there inside you must to call super.setValueAt(aValue, rowIndex, columnIndex); == value enterer by user, then loop inside int rowIndex and to create formula with output to the (undeditable) column contains sum or result, again with super.setValueAt(sum, i, columnIndex);

• you can to bothering with AbstractTableModel, but I can't found any reason for

• short cut - is quite easier to search for good code based on AbstractTableModel

• for mouse and key events over JTable to define JTable.putClientProperty("terminateEditOnFocusLost", Boolean.TRUE);

3. everything about my a.m. points, details, good practiques is quite good described in official Oracle tutorial How to use Tables

Edited by mKorbel

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.