Hi all.
I am following this tutorial: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb546195(v=vs.100).aspx on the C# method.

I have recently discovered that I do not have the System.Web file in either the C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5 or in the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5

I have downloaded the .Net Framework 3.5 frameworks off the Microsoft website to repair missing files, etc. , but when I want to install it, it says it is already installed.

Can Anyone help me out? How/Where can I get the system.web file for framework v3.5?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Two things to consider:

1. Make sure your project targets the full framework and not the client profile.
  2. System.Web wasn't updated with .NET 3.5. You'll still find it in the 2.0 framework folders.

Hi, It is on the full framework profiles, and currently using the 2.0 framework files but this error comes up when running the app:

"Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

The system.web version is 2.0
The system.web.extensions version is 3.5

What Can I do?

That's a different assembly entirely from System.Web. System.Web.Extensions was added with 3.5, and the error says that you're trying to reference the 4.0 version. If your project is targeting 3.5 yet trying to reference 4.0 assemblies, that alone could be the issue.

Now what can I do to get rid of the problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.