I am trying to make a local python application communicate with the python application in cloud(GAE). I am able to send a string from local appn to cloud appn, which invokes the post method in cloud appn and writes some message to the screen. I want to access the string sent from local appn in a variable in the cloud appn and do some processing with it, like checking some conditions and giving noifications. I request answers that say how to access the data in a variable in cloud appn and vice versa...

I have tried this in local python application...

import urllib2

query_args = "dfsgfdhgf"
response = urllib2.Request('url')
print 'Request method before data:', response.get_method()

response.add_data(urllib2.quote(query_args))
print 'Request method after data :', response.get_method()

print
print 'OUTGOING DATA:'
print response.get_data()

print
print 'SERVER RESPONSE:'
print urllib2.urlopen(response).read()

In the cloud application(url) code,

import webapp2

import urllib2
from google.appengine.api import urlfetch

class MainHandler(webapp2.RequestHandler):

def get(self):

def post(self):
    self.response.write('Sfsdfnsdsd')

app = webapp2.WSGIApplication([   ('/', MainHandler)], debug=True)

Now, I have found out something called RPC to send and receive messages from a remote client to cloud application. But, how to make it work from the client side is difficult....

I don't really know what you're asking specifically, but have you looked into the "requests" package? I don't know much about web frameworks, but if might help you with handling requests.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.