I have been plagued by an issue for the past couple of days and I am yet to find a solution. I have an service installed at several customer sites. This service grabs data from a database, packages it up and then submits it to a web service hosted on a different server. This is done using SOAP and everything works absolutely fine when I am running the submission service under .NET 2.
However, after a recent upgrade to .NET 4, I have been receiving a SoapException when my submission service attempts to logon to the web service. The error I get is: "SoapException: Unexpected error occurred when attempting to authenticate user with the LDAP repository".
The credentials have remained unchanged and I have confirmed that they are not the cause. The strange thing is, the latest version of the submission service works at some customer sites but not at others. The environments on which the service is installed vary greatly so it seems unlikely to be a platform specific issue.
I've got to the point where I am pretty much guessing at things that might be causing this problem e.g. have there been any subtle changes in the way the .NET framework handles SOAP requests between .NET 2 and .NET 4.
I haven't really supplied a whole lot of information but since I am not really too sure what people would want to know about this issue, it is probably easier if you just ask me lots of questions.